We welcome Kevin & thank him for volunteering his time to help us reach out to more veterans in need.
Kevin was awarded a Bravery Medal (BM) by the Governor General, Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd) for saving the life of a parachutist caught up under his aircraft at 12,000ft. He’s served in the Air Force both in Australia and overseas.
Kevin told us that he wanted to join Bravery Trust after hearing about us from his time volunteering as a veteran advocate. He felt we had a strong understanding of our veteran community and the military & that he had a lot to offer Bravery Trust.
When we spoke to Kevin, we asked him to let us know about his top tips for financial, mental and physical fitness and we certainly feel he had some great recommendations!
- Figure out where you stand financially – it sounds simple but 1:4 don’t have that clear picture.
- Being physically active – it also improves your mental wellbeing
- Learn new skills – it boosts self-confidence & self- esteem
- Help others – creates positive feelings & great reward
- Concentrate on the present – pay more attention to the present moment including thoughts & feelings