One of the simplest ways to save money is to plan meals and buy only what you need. A weekly food plan can reduce waste, reduce stress and save time!
If you’re keen to save money at the checkout – spend the weekend setting a meal plan for 3-4 dinners for the week, which leaves some flexibility if plans change.
Attached is a downloadable template for meal plans, to make it easier to know exactly what you need (as a side tip: you might also like to make double quantities for some meals and freeze for when you’re less prepared).
There are plenty of menus and meal options available online.
Here’s one example of a quick and easy Italian recipe, which we shared on a socials, that’s delicious, has a low cost per serve and tastes good the next day as a lunch or second dinner.
- Cut up 1 broccoli into florets, you can use the stork too (after peeling top layer)
- Boil salted water (1 tbl spoon) and add broccoli along with pasta of choice (spaghetti or shell pastas work well)
- Heat in a small pan chopped garlic (1-2 cloves) and olive oil in for approximately 30 seconds. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, drizzle garlic oil on top.
- Add grated parmesan to serve