The following user policy is in addition to any user policy or terms and conditions imposed by the social media host (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
At Bravery Trust we welcome and encourage your comments and engagement with us through our social media channels. That may include expressing your views, comments, ideas, insights, and feedback about our service. It may also include helping us raise awareness of services available to veterans.
At the same time, you should show courtesy and respect to others and must not use our page or profile to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for any unlawful purpose.
When using Bravery Trust’s social media, please ensure that you:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts to the page or profile
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- do not be abusive, harass or threaten others
- do not make defamatory or libellous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language
- do not use obscene or offensive language
- do not post material to the page or profile that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not post multiple versions of the same view to the page or profile or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the page or profile
- do not include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your post to the page or profile
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- do not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- contact us directly through direct messaging or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns that are personal in nature
In addition to these requirements, Bravery Trust’s social media is governed by the user policy or terms and conditions imposed by the social media host, including:
Bravery Trust reserves the right to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy at its discretion. Bravery Trust may remove any posted messages it considers to be in breach of this policy. Users who persist in breaching this Acceptable Use Policy may be banned, blocked, or reported to the social media host.
Please be aware that Bravery Trust may update or change this policy at any time.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email events @braverytrust.org.au
Moderation of posted content
Bravery Trust has a moderation process to ensure that comments made on its social media are relevant, responsible, ethical, and lawful. Bravery Trust may refuse publication, or delete any comments that Bravery Trust considers:
- Is abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or threatening
- Identifies individuals, including staff, without their consent, or is personal in nature
- Is inappropriate, inaccurate, or in any way in unlawful
In addition, Bravery Trust publication of posted content does not imply any endorsement, agreement or acceptance by us of the views expressed in that content. We recommend users exercise their own skill and care with respect to evaluating such content and carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the content for their purposes.
Bravery Trust also does not guarantee any posted content will be published and a user submitting content should not infer that the non-publication of content suggests the content is inappropriate.
As such, Bravery Trust accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from, or connected to:
- the publication of any content
- the failure to moderate any content (whether due to technical error or otherwise), or
- the use of, or reliance on, any content by a user
Release and indemnity
Bravery Trust does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of Bravery Trust’s social media or any linked site or facility, nor do we accept any responsibility for any loss arising out of your use of, or reliance on, information accessed using Bravery Trust’s social media.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms is hereby excluded.
When posting or otherwise communicating content using the Bravery Trust’s social media, you agree to indemnify us and our employees and agents against any claim by a third party arising out of any breach of these Terms by you.
These Terms do not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
Bravery Trust records any information posted to our social media and uses that information for the purpose of administering its social media and considering and/or addressing any comments made.
No attempt will be made to identify individuals except where required or authorised by law, including the Privacy Act 1988. Bravery Trust is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, or any linked websites.
Some material on Bravery Trust’s social media has been submitted by others or contains links to articles or material prepared by others. Bravery Trust accepts no responsibility whether express or implied for the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information posted on Bravery Trust’s social media or its relevance and suitability for any purpose. Information posted on Bravery Trust’s social media is for general use only.
Bravery Trust does not endorse or otherwise support any view and opinion posted by a user or contributor on Bravery Trust’s social media. For further information about Bravery Trust please visit the Bravery Trust website.
Bravery Trust welcomes and values your feedback as it assists us in improving the standards and quality of the service. If you have feedback about Bravery Trust’s social media content or policy email email@example.com